La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving from Tecate to Ensenada on HWY 2D

Go down

Driving from Tecate to Ensenada on HWY 2D Empty Re: Driving from Tecate to Ensenada on HWY 2D

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:03 pm

BajaSteve wrote:Thank You, I take it that the "biggest challenge" is right at the border when you have TWO enterances to go into Calif at the Border crossing!?
That part I am aware of , Thanks, BajaSteve Surprised)

Sorry, but I was referring to the Otay crossing with about 18 gates....you could go up 2000 to Tecate, and the road as it turns North just a bit east and south of Otay is pretty good - this is where the split to go to Tecate or Otay would be. I think Otay is a bit quicker and 2000 (Mex2) is very good until the last few miles to Otay after you turn west....If you headed to Tecate rather than turning north, I am not sure what the road is like, but my guess is good. Again, sorry about the confusion. If you are headed east in the US maybe Tecate would be the way to go.

Back to top Go down

Driving from Tecate to Ensenada on HWY 2D Empty Re: Driving from Tecate to Ensenada on HWY 2D

Post by BajaSteve Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Thank You, I take it that the "biggest challenge" is right at the border when you have TWO enterances to go into Calif at the Border crossing!?
That part I am aware of , Thanks, BajaSteve Surprised)

BajaSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:43 am

We did the drive earlier this month up 2000....it is quite easy. See other posts North to Otay Mesa border crossing on great road. 2000 looks like a freeway in Az, and the biggest challenge would be the final right turn to the border crossing...It is just a normal right with lots of taxis around....

Back to top Go down

Driving from Tecate to Ensenada on HWY 2D Empty Driving from Tecate to Ensenada on HWY 2D

Post by BajaSteve Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 am

We have always gone south from Tecate on 3 to Ensenada. with all the construction and all we want to go back on 2D on HWY 2000 n/o
Ensenada. We have a 34ft 5th wheel and heard that one was not supose to have a large vehicle on that road. Have you heard anything like this? We will be using that way around the 8th of April. Thanks BajaSteve Smile

BajaSteve

Back to top Go down