La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

San Antonio gold mining

Go down

San Antonio gold mining Empty Re: San Antonio gold mining

Post by dean Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm

BWO
Governor Will Not Support Mining - Governor Marcos Covarrubias made the following comments at a press conference last Friday: "In the case of the mines that want to locate between the Municipalities of La Paz and Los Cabos, they have tried to approach this from a thousand different angles but we have told them emphatically that we will not support their projects because it is not the productive vocation of this region." He went on to say, "This zone (La Paz and Los Cabos) is clearly for tourism and we will only support that type of development."

This is the most energetic and important statement he has made to date on the proposed open pit gold mining projects within the Municipalities of La Paz and Los Cabos. As you can imagine, we are thrilled that the Governor has had the courage to be this specific. His comments place him at odds with the Federal government and with the powerful mining industry. He will need all our support. Our voices are his greatest weapon against the mining giants.

Please send a personal email telling him that you support his position against mining in the municipalities of La Paz and Los Cabos. And if you have a business in BCS, please send it in the name of your company to: Gobernador Marcos Covarrubias Villasenor; secretario_particular2011@yahoo.com.mx with copies to the Secretary of Economic Development Ing. Joel Avila Aguilar; javila.aguilar@gmail.com; and the Secretary of Government Lic. Carlos Mendoza Davis; cmendozadavis@gmail.com - Agua Vale Mas Que Oro, info@aguavalemasqueoro.com, www.aguavalemasqueoro.com, 145-0292

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:53 am

BWO
Comment To Recent Posting Re Gold Mining - In regard to the recent posting that stated: "Pediment Gold has received the permits necessary to begin an operation in San Antonio to extract more gold from the tailings of the former mine there..." This information is misleading and because this situation is very complex, I would like to offer clarification. Pediment/Argonaut companies only have permits to explore not to begin any mining operations or exploit. The company Testra (sp?) has a permit to clean the original mine tailings in San Antonio and El Triunfo. No company in southern Baja California Sur has a permit to initiate open pit gold mining. Concordia/Paredones Amarillos has not proven their property rights in the mine area and cannot proceed until that is achieved. Their permits expire on May 23, 2012. - Patricia De La B, San Jose Del Cabo

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:34 pm

http://www.bajainsider.com/environment/goldmineinbajasur.htm

http://www.bajainsider.com/environment/goldmineinbajasur2.htm

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:09 am

i reprint under the educational political rights of free speech.
Pursuant to Title 17 U.S.C. 107, other copyrighted work is provided for educational purposes, research, critical comment, or debate without profit or payment.

http://m.torontosun.com/17012251.1?fullscreen

Home

Toronto-listed miners push for gold in Mexico
Stefania Moretti. QMI Agency

Toronto-listed Vista Gold Corp. has hit back at what it calls misleading media criticism of its plans to mine gold in a part of Mexico near a place Jacques Cousteau liked to call the "world's aquarium."

Denver-based Vista came out Monday in response to what it calls misleading media coverage in Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Vista is trying to get regulatory approval to blast an open-pit mine in Baja's Sierra la Laguna mountain range, a United Nations biosphere reserve.

The United Nations says Sierra la Laguna is important because of its freshwater supply a rarity in mostly arid Mexico and because its water basin drains into sea turtle spawning grounds. Whales also rely on connected estuaries.

Last week, a reported 9,000 people gathered on a local beach and formed a human SOS in protest of Vista's plans for the Concordia mine.

But Vista said Monday Concordia complies with federal mining and environmental laws as well as all statutory obligations and responsibilities.

The proposed mine is sitting atop an area once set aside specifically for mining, a Vista spokesperson told QMI Agency earlier this month.

Fred Earnest, Vista's president and chief operating officer, said in a release the company has had an ongoing dialogue with state authorities and is "confident" of the company's legal right to a permit.

"We are actively pursuing all avenues to advance the project through the remaining permitting stages," he said.

Concordia was designed to meet not only Mexican legislation but the "highest international standards for the protection of the environment and the health and safety of the proposed workforce and members of the local communities" as well.

The company said it plans to invest more than $200 million US to build a modern mining facility that would provide between 400 and 600 construction jobs and another 300 full-time positions for the mine itself.

Vista also said it plans to construct a desalination plant to meet its water needs without compromising the quality and supply of water for local communities. Open-pit mines can lead to a runoff of cyanide, an agent used to treat gold that threatens drinking water and wildlife.

The region is the main source of drinking water for as far south as Los Cabos – a popular Canadian tourist destination.

After the 10-year life of the mine, the desalination plant could become a long-term, fresh water source, Vista said.

RBC Capital is Vista's fourth largest institutional investor behind three U.S. Funds.

Meanwhile, Pediment Gold Corp. held a special shareholders meeting in Toronto Monday morning to approve a plan that would see it become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canada's Argonaut Gold Inc.

Together, the pair plan to extract some 1.2 million ounces of gold from the proposed San Antonio project in Baja.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:00 am

here is a person who should be able to answer questions with clarity. the others backgrounds should be checked to.

http://www.pedimentgold.com/s/ManagementandDirectors.asp

William A. Faust, Director
Mr. Faust has over 28 years of engineering and management experience, including over 10 year of mine development and operations in Mexico. Mr. Faust currently serves as Chief Operations Officer and Senior VP for Crystallex International Corporation. Previously he served as VP Operations for Nevada Pacific Gold Ltd. which was acquired by US Gold Corporation in March 2007 and as VP Operations for Corner Bay Silver which was acquired by Pan American Silver in 2003. From 1997 to 2001, Mr. Faust was VP Operations for Eldoraldo Gold after initially serving as General Manager for the La Colorada Mine, which is now a project owned by Pediment. Mr. Faust is a Registered Professional Engineer in New Mexico, and holds an MBA Finance, Management from Western New Mexico University, a BS, Mining Engineering from New Mexico Tech, and a BS, Civil Engineering from the University of New Mexico.

and his record should be checked.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 am

http://www.pedimentgold.com/i/pdf/san/SA-DH-LocationNov2010.pdf

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:51 am

this from what i read will require heap leaching. this process fron whati have read requires heap leaching with cyanidation.

http://goldmetallurgy.com/heap-leaching

what we need to know is the companies history, As we know this is done in the USA and it would not be allowed or their would be stiff fines if this cyanide was to get to ground water. from what I read they have a barrior pit. will there be tesing wells like I am sure there are in the states in close locations. will these tests be open to pblic and allow locals to do our own tests? and will they pay for these tests by locals?

I can not imagine them leaving this in place after the mining is done, but we do need to know what is done with then treated material.

I am sure these are the normal questions asked and answered by the companies. It does not make sense that they would even set up a company that would not leave the land whole again. but the history of the company/ princilple individuals should tell us that.

dean

Back to top Go down

San Antonio gold mining Empty San Antonio gold mining

Post by dean Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:43 am

http://www.pedimentgold.com/s/NewsReleases.asp?ReportID=428934

http://www.pedimentgold.com/s/Home.asp

The current gold resource at San Antonio is 1.22 million oz measured and indicated and 28,449 oz inferred (AMEC, Orbock III, 2010). At La Colorada we have outlined an initial NI 43-101 compliant bulk tonnage gold resource estimate of 605,000 oz in the Measured and Indicated and an additional 582,000 oz in the Inferred category (Giroux, 2009).

dean

Back to top Go down