La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for today,,,

+3
blackwolf
karen
Mesquite
7 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

for today,,,    - Page 3 Empty for today,,,

Post by dean Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 am

First topic message reminder :

from facebook:
The Servicio Meteorológico Nacional in Mexico is forecasting a slightly above average hurricane season with 17 named storms, 9 of those becoming hurricanes, and 4 of those hurricanes becoming major storms of Category 3 or higher.

for today,,,    - Page 3 Captur14

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 3 Empty Re: for today,,,

Post by dean Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm

bpe wrote:
a. Sunday night, my 6yo dog Hattie died from leptospirosis, a contagious bacterial infection transmitted to animals through infected rodent urine. We recently purchased a bunch of compost and the dogs would not stop eating it. It may not be the source but we can’t figure out what brought it onto our property right here in central Los Barriles. After doing the autopsy and confirming lepto we had the other two dogs tested and my 10yo female tested positive for it! She is not showing symptoms but the incubation period is 3-22 days. Symptoms for lepto can parallel ehrlichiosis symptoms (as was Hattie’s case). A blood test will confirm either bacteria so if you have any questions about the health of your dog, don’t hesitate! Most importantly, both of my dogs that have contracted lepto had their vaccinations three months ago. Apparently it is a rare, virulent and dangerous bacteria strain that we could not possibly have known to prepare for. BUT, if you do catch it soon enough, a round of penicillin can make the difference and even save their life. Christine Rogers 141-0014 home or 206-669-1675 US cell

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:28 am

and today we have some sprinkling. 7:30an

as the day went on had some more rains more off than on all day, maybe 2-3 inches in my buckets. 5pm

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:02 am

it has stopped raining.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 am

getting pounded with rain.   estimate so far half an inch to inch.   going to be a huge mosquito season...

started at about 5:30 am

Last edited by dean on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:06 am

note people are reporting immigration checkpoints on HWY 1   three places, GN, Loreto and LaPaz.     So do not space out and forget to get it at the border.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/caboexpats/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:28 am

Oh in Cativena they are re-building the gas station there.     Looks like will be open by November.

also note when coming into LaPaz from the north on HWY 1 go to the left at the whale tail and after walmart at the first light take the right to go past home depot way.      There is construction and blocked off detour, (not to severe if you do a mistake and go this way) the other direction to the right but if you go to the left it is simple.

BTW today went to lapaz they have fixed that big pothole that could take a tire out.

as a side story when driving south from the other side a caravan of about 15 federal police were stopped at a military checkpoint, about 4-6 looked like elite special forces were in each vehicle, they were lead by two super bus command vehicles made my Mann. All the vehicles they were in were also not made in USA very exotic looking specialized tactical vehicles. I asked the military guy on the heading south side what was going on and he said they were heading to TJ to go after the Cartel.

Last edited by dean on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:38 pm

slight rain today.  Lapaz looks like it had a major rain the day before, some flooded out areas.

I just drove hwy 1 to usa and back.     Road was in better shape than I have seen it in years.     as long as we do not get a hurricane again it will be easy travels.    The worst pothole of the entire trip is on our mountain in the newer section just before you are about to head down the mountain.    

At the lapaz checkpoint going south the federal police checked my ID, my trailer registration and my car registration.     They also did this at San Ysidro entering Mexico, I paid duty and went in the declare lane, and was then sent to secondary and they even did the x-ray on my car and trailer.    

Could be because of very few travelers, as the guy at where 5 and 1 meet said his business is really slow the last few weeks and other highway businesses saying the same.     He told me they paved I think it was 10 klms of the dirt road of 5 and all work on that by-pass has completely stopped.    his guess out of money for the time being.   But that would take 6 miles of the 23 to be easy now, it was the easier stretch anyway, he does not know if they will block it off to traffic though.   Because I had a small trailer i could not take the 5 road.   Plus it is still really hot on the sea of cortez side vs pacific side.  

as I noted HWY 1 is probably in its best conditions in years, not one pothole that can destroy a tire and car right now.  Ya, some rough patches and ya no lines so at night it would be a nightmare.    Just past all the bs traffic of Ensenada and san quintine, there is construction that if you hit it wrong time, well on the way back for me it was 20 minutes and i would estimate for the ones way at the front 1 hour.    On the way down I hit it a Sunday so they were not really working and it was a breeze.     I also crossed at Tecate going north because it was a holiday weekend and that was nice only 30-minute wait.  

There is construction before lapaz  heading south and that was about 6-10 klms and was easy on the side road they have.

more rain later after the intial post. a strong dump. Again this could be just half the town with this type of system. maybe 1/4 inch to half an inch.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:44 am

another trailer being set up in the campground.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:33 pm

wow i think this is earliest by far, a trailer/camper in the north end of the campground, front row of course. It is so humid, and direct sun on the trailer, i have no idea how they can deal with it.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:12 pm

the road over the mountain and laPaz,

coming to LV from LAP klm 14 seems to be the worst section for about 1klm. slowwwww down, pothole wise that is. And again note bumper crop of cows this year from LaPaz to in LV town.

also when entering LaPaz best not to go the right side of the whale tail entrance, there is road construction that will divert you. That is the one that leads you to home depot. Lake the left split and right after walmart take the right and you will be fine.

Safe travels...

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:17 am

been drizzling off and on for an hour, we had some significant wind initially about 30mph for 5 minutes then a hard downpour for 15 minutes.    Boy were we close to some major rain, look at these pictures.    Prediction still mosquitos will be out of hand

for today,,,    - Page 3 Captur13

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:36 pm

they have fixed many of the potholes over the mountain.

cows are really out of hand here in town and over the mountain.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:29 am

all the rain had damaged the road over the mountain a bit more, nothing major, just potholes. And not nearly as bad in the past because they had just fixed some of the really bad sections.

It is like the old days where the afternoon clouds form in San Antonio and move over the mountains raining into LaPaz.   usually around 2 pm.   This is vital for replenishing our water supplies.    It has not been doing this for about 5 years.     And we in LV get a small cloud that will dump an eighth of an inch to a quarter inch in a small area for 15 minutes maybe once a week not hitting the entire area.    Very similar to the US desert southwest, though those seem huge vs these.     At the same time, the mountains get a drizzle for an hour or so as the main clouds pass through.   This causes some potholes to develop.    

Also, they are starting construction at the washed out bridge right in LaPaz.    I think it got washed out by hurricane Odile a few years back.     Does not change our existing diversion by much.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:27 pm

small amount of rain yesterday, 1/8 inch.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:45 am

we received an hour of gentle rain today. perfect timing for helping mosquitos breed.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:33 am

well we had our first about 30mph gust and it is off and on with winds from 0-15...

a very small amount of rain, just sprinkles.

I will add pictures later at this part of the site.

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t1083-hurricanes-2018

and here are some weather maps some update automatically and some I have to do manually so they may be old.

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t524-weather-maps

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:50 am

power out since last night. using a generator. internet and phone work, they have battery backup.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:53 am

well I think this is the most humid days of the year, the island is still missing at 11 am. good lightning and thunder on the mountains to the west this morning at 6am. no rain here.

also does not look like they are going to do any more paving they seem to be just clearing up the side of the road.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 pm

the mile is finally paved on the other side of the mountain. Now it looks like they will be doing another 2.5 miles of a section that is not really bad. or they just could be cleaning up the edge.

today sprinkles..

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 am

https://newatlas.com/redshark-pedal-trimaran/55101/

Pedal-powered trimaran lets cyclists hit the water
MARINE
Ben Coxworth

Among other things, Josep Rubau has designed cars for Volkswagen, and was the creator of the Tramontana supercar. Now, the Spanish industrial designer is CEO of RedShark Bikes, a company that sells a pedal-powered prop-driven trimaran which he invented.

There are actually three versions of the RedShark trimaran – the recreation-oriented Fun, the rough-and-ready Adventure and the high-performance Sport.

The first two models are made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE), with the Adventure adding frame-mounted packs and a watertight "trunk" for taking extra gear on wilderness trips, along with thicker plastic reinforcing the underside of its three hulls. The Sport is designed more with speed in mind, as it's constructed almost entirely of lightweight carbon fiber, although a protective layer of HDPE is added to its underside.

Additionally, if buyers wish, they can upgrade the Fun and Adventure to carbon fiber.

The RedShark trimaran features a retractable rudder, salt water-proof drive shaft, stainless steel nuts and bolts,...

All three models feature a retractable rudder, salt water-proof drive shaft, stainless steel nuts and bolts, and a folding design that allows them to be transported on a regular car-mounted bicycle rack. In order to get them from that rack to the water, users can roll them along on a small set of wheels built into the rear of the main hull.

Prices range from €4,995 (about US$5,783) for the Fun, up to €6,995 ($8,098) for the Adventure and €9,995 ($11,570) for the Sport. They can be seen in action, in the video below.

for today,,,    - Page 3 Redshark-pedal-trimaran-2

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:14 pm

baja sur drops out of the top 10 murder rates. This is due to the increased federal and military involvement IMHO. and I belie the cameras that were put in via business donations.

there were two major arrests gun battles one in LaPaz and one in Cabo around January that since those two groups were arrested or killed have dropped the killings to a very low level. Let's hope they continue on. TJ is up at number 5.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/mexicos-10-most-dangerous-municipalities/

Tecomán, Colima, tops the list of 10 most dangerous municipalities

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:54 am

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/solar-panel-tariff-eliminated/

Court rules tariff on solar panels must be eliminated
15% tariff had been challenged by a solar energy association
SHARES
Friday, June 15, 2018
A federal court ruled yesterday that the 15% tariff that had been imposed on solar panel imports into Mexico since 2015 must be removed.

The court’s decision came in response to an application for annulment of the duty filed by the Mexican Association of Solar Energy (Asolmex), which argued that the tariff created legal uncertainty for solar power investors.

In a statement, Asolmex said it was “happy with the decision as it returns conditions of legal certainty to the sector and guarantees the competitiveness of solar energy in Mexico.”

The 15% tariff was imposed on solar panels after the Federal Tax Administration (SAT) ruled in October 2015 that they must be reclassified as electric generators.

With yesterday’s ruling, Asolmex expects that the installation of solar panels across the country will increase.

Before the decision was handed down, the association estimated that distributed solar generation — which includes the sale of surplus solar power to the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) — has the potential to generate 6,000 megawatts of energy by 2024 and could attract investment of 150 billion pesos (US $7.25 billion).

With those goals in mind, Asolmex

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 3 Empty for the hurricanes of 2018

Post by dean Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 am

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t1083-hurricanes-2018#4959

for the hurricanes of 2018

just a tad bit of rain so far.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:08 pm

rumor is true they are cementing in fixed camping spot boundrys. they are all about 20 feet by 20 feet..... just kidding, I know some had heart attacks. I think they took note of how people parked this year and those seem to be the boundrys. I will take pictures shortly, they still have a crew in the campground working on it. I did see a truck pouring out gravel a month or so ago which i thought that is strange. But now I see.

May way probably one of the strangest ever it was a great wind month. I do not remember ever more than 203 days of wind in may. We had low humidity almost all may. And here we are in June with our first category 4 hurricane offshore, this is not a good sign for sure. Humidity is up of course with the hurricane cloud bands hitting us from a far.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:40 am

On this Monday, NHC continues to closely study a trough of low pressure located over the eastern North Pacific Ocean about 500 hundred miles south of the southern coast of Mexico. It continues to produce a large area of disorganized cloudiness and showers. Environmental conditions are conducive for development of this system, and a tropical depression is likely to form within the next two to three days while it moves slowly west-northwestward. The Atlantic basin is quiet. www.hurricanes.gov

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue May 22, 2018 1:04 pm

Below is the cover of the newest Outside magazine. It came out about May 19th. You can see Los Barriles is on the cover! Plus LB has a nice blurb inside.

for today,,,    - Page 3 Original

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon May 21, 2018 8:42 am

they are beginning to rip up the road to lapaz on the Lapaz side of the mountain. Right now 2 klms are ripped up. A sign I saw may have noted that the government is working on from klm 0-50 which would mean that the rest of the mountain has received funding for re-paving. So could be a lot of construction over the summer if accurate.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:54 pm

our gas station is changing to a new name... no longer Pemex... and no it is not chevron.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:53 pm

c. shaw users–no need to panic–not yet anyway. some people have been informed that if they have an older receiver or just a dual sat. quad output lnb. they will not function after june 1st. if you have any of the 600 and 800 series receivers and a triple sat. quad output lnb. all will be fine for at least a couple more years. some of the HD channels are moving to the sat. that is unavailable, but ll will still function in standard def. anyone wanting more info or new equipment contact me @eaglehausrotties@aol.com

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:09 pm

A missing person, he is a long time resident in the baja.
We recently had more hope, there was a sighting up our mountain a day or so after he disappeared, which was confirmed by search and rescue dogs. Sadly his father passed away at exactly this age of heart-related, so one belief is a stroke. It was also noted that the night before his disappearance his behavior was also as described disoriented which could have been the stroke or also he was coming off a serious double heel break/injury that he was also the night before complaining about. Please post these photos, he is fluent in Spanish so can easily travel in an altered state. His wallet seems to be with him but no credit card use, his cell phone, passport and computer were left on and his door open with keys in the door is what started the search in one day. Please post these fliers, his family has flown down to baja to be involved. I have known him myself for about 18 years. If these photos do not download for you then my webpage is available to download. http://la-ventana.forumotioncom/t1009-for-today

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 3 Empty missing Larry

Post by dean Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:25 pm

there have been two sightings of Larry kinda confirmed, the rescue dogs found his sent at locations where people reported seeing him after the disappearance. It is believed he may have suffered a stroke or could be looking for medications as he had an accident that he was not recovered fully from several months ago. He was reported as very confused/disoriented. He was seen on top of our mountain between LaPaz and LaVentana near the road and possible later by walmart LaPaz. So he could have gone any direction from there.

It was noticed his home door was open with the keys in it the 4th. He ate dinner with some friends the evening of the 3rd. That leftover food was in his fridge. His phone, computer and so on were present and on. His phone and computer were able to be searched and no unusual behavior. It was reported by one of the people at the dinner very unusual behavior for him.

He had a bad accident many months ago and was in severe pain in his feet still as he broke both heels falling off a roof working and was also complaining at the dinner how upset he was with the slow recovery. It is a possibility he ran out of pain medication as none were found in his trailer and may have been looking to self-medicate, he had no history of drug use in his life. His father passed away at this age from a heart issue, so it could be likely a stroke from the symptoms of disoriented and so on.

He has been a LaVentana resident for many years, from what I remember at least 15-19 I have been here and known him. He is a very nice and caring person is his nature. We have done several community searches of our area. Now with these kinda confirmed rescue dog confirmations with the heart family history, we need to expand.

for today,,,    - Page 3 30629410

for today,,,    - Page 3 30652910

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:59 pm

for today,,,    - Page 3 30226010

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:55 pm

bpe
bpe wrote:b. The world’s largest animal, the blue whale, is just a few miles from our Los Barriles shore and gracing us with it’s presence on this calm, beautiful Friday morning. They can grow to be 100 feet long, the height of a 10 story building and weigh as much as 400,000 pounds. Their hearts are the size of a car and it’s beat heard more than 2 miles away. Their tongues the size of an elephant. They are bigger than any dinosaur that ever roamed the earth and known to live up to 100 years. They eat tiny krill to sustain their massive bodies, they summer in the polar arctic and winter near the equator separating our two hemisphers. But almost always they visit the East Cape, especially abundant with life sustaining sea life this season. At one time plentiful amongst the world’s oceans, as many as 350,000 a year were harvested during whaling times. Although now protected, it is believed there are approximately 15,000 in the world today – and one is here for us! See Baja’s Awesome Whales & Dolphins tomorrow for photos. See whales, Be Awesome! www.bajsawesomebeachrides.com

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:50 am

bpe wrote:a. PARVO & DISTEMPER ALERT: We have been informed by Dr Gretel that she is seeing cases of both parvo and distemper for the first time in years in dogs being brought to her from the La Ribera region. Both of these diseases are highly contagious and can be fatal – especially in younger dogs. If your dog hasn’t been vaccinated, please ensure they are vaccinated, or try to avoid them coming into contact with other dogs. For more information, please contact Dr Gretel. 624-129-5640. Emma

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Seems we are going to be invaded by mosquitos with a bacteria...    

http://www.eliminatedengue.com/progress/index/view/news/982?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=MexicolaunchMar21&utm_workspace=WMP+Global&utm_account=World+Mosquito+Program

some good news. Seems LaPaz is going to be a test for the Wolbachia infected Aedes Aegypti mosquito. Thus we should not see any dengue zika and so on outbreaks. The good news is this does work. And the bad news is though they are making the claim it is long term it has not shown that to be true. Not any of the tests they have made have proven that, in fact it appears for long term as I predicted it would fail. But it does make a huge dent in the short term.

http://www.eliminatedengue.com/progress/index/view/news/982?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=MexicolaunchMar21&utm_workspace=WMP+Global&utm_account=World+Mosquito+Program

my site with the articles links where this method did not work long term is at... www.mosquitoswithoutborders.com

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:29 am

Feb.8th thru the 13th. Is Carnival
Manage
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 1d
Ros Oberlyn
Ros Oberlyn The first Carnaval parade is Sunday, Feb. 11: It starts from Calle Colegio Militar at about 5:30 p.m. and travels along the Malecón to Marquéz de León. The second parade is Monday, Feb. 12, and it travels in the reverse direction, starting at Marquéz de León. The third parade is Tuesday, Feb. 13, and it starts from Calle Colegio Militar. I'll be posting details on the Carnaval program on my website at www.rozinlapaz.com later today.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:10 am

Hainan Airlines Launches First Ever Mexico to Beijing Service on March 22
Markets Insider
Tijuana International Airport is located on the border at Otay Mesa between the United States and Mexico, minutes away from downtown San Diego. The two points are connected via the CBX (Cross Border Xpress), a new and convenient indoor crossing bridge, built exclusively for air passengers and ...

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 3 Empty Enjoy a romantic dinner on February 14, 2018!

Post by Mesquite Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Celebrate St. Valentine's Day in the charming village of El Triunfo. Bar El Minero Restaurant offers a three-course menu with wine. We also offer a package with nearby lodging and special amenities. Dinner from 6:00p - 9:00p. Details on website. Limited space. Reservations required.

❤ See you there!

Call (+52 1) 612-194-2093 for reservations.
https://www.barelminero.com/restaurant

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:09 am

we has some rain the other day, maybe slightly over 1/8 of an inch at my location.

Here is some encouraging news... from a poster on baja nomads

Good News!

Hate to speak too soon, but ever since the marines took out seven assassins, (that wore body armor and had assault rifles), the daily two or three murders a day have slowed to most days now, none.
This is assuming that all the news fit to print is in the four local newspapers I scan daily.

We can only hope these guys aren't replaced. I suspect they were causing most of the murders. Very few survived after being attacked by the hitmen.

backed up by this article
https://www.elsudcaliforniano.com.mx/policiaca/en-bcs-practicamente-eliminados-los-homicidios-dolosos

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 3 Empty Historic Mountain Village Restaurant

Post by Mesquite Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Bar El Minero
Call ahead for daily specials and to reserve a table: (+52 1) 612-194-2093
https://www.barelminero.com/restaurant

Open 11a – 6:30p | Paella on Sundays from 1:30p onwards
Closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays
VISA & MASTERCARD ACCEPTED
Calle Progreso (near the corner with Ayuntamiento), El Triunfo, Baja California Sur, CP 23210, México

for today,,,    - Page 3 Restaurant-el-triunfo-mexico for today,,,    - Page 3 Restaurant-bar-el-minero-el-triunfo-baja-california-sur-mexico for today,,,    - Page 3 Oysters-bcs-mexico

for today,,,    - Page 3 Fish-salad-el-triunfo for today,,,    - Page 3 Grilled-fish-bcs-mexico for today,,,    - Page 3 Fish-tacos-bcs-mexico

for today,,,    - Page 3 Sausages-salads-salsas

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:40 pm

turns out the thieves were going from the last house on south beach to the buf. It is about 2 miles past the last house heading to the east at that point from south beach.

Turns out they the police caught 2 of the thieves but a friend of mine had his car attempted to be broken into just past the last house when he went for a 2 hour bike ride. My friend did notice that there were 4 on a quad and the dropped off 2 that went to as he thought hike in the brush. Now he knows. They did very minor damage trying to enter his car.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 3 Empty Where's the bufador?

Post by czarwa Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Newbie wants to know where the bufador?

czarwa

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 pm

facebook...

Just an FYI - a few of us were out at the bufador this afternoon and we left our vehicle unlocked. We were within sight of it but below on the beach. Two of the guys kept an eye on it from the beach while the rest of us had a short stroll. Some one came up to the far side of the vehicle, opened the door and out of one backpack, stole a new IPhone 7, and from another pack, stole a wallet. It was a quick snatch and run. No one saw anything. There were other valuables in the packs and in the vehicle but only the couple things at the top of the packs closest to the door on the side away from the beach were taken. Lock your vehicles, even if you think it's safe. What a way to almost ruin a few friends holiday.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 3 Empty Customized Visits to Rancho Cacachilas

Post by Mesquite Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Led by our guides, visitors learn about the cultural, mining and natural history of the Sierra Cacachilas. Hiking, mountain biking, day tours, camping, overnight trips, cattle round ups, birdwatching, wine and cheese tastings, running camps, hog hunting and permaculture workshops are examples of visits that can be arranged.

See you on the ranches!

https://www.ranchocacachilas.com/visits/
(+52 1) 612 348 7758
contact@ranchocacachilas.com

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:05 pm

PHONE..... a contractor is stringing up a line that appears will head west of El Sargento from the local station at the tower.. This is phone line cable appears to be a 50-150 pair cable. This will either really diminish peoples speed/bandwidth even more or give telmex incentive to hook up the fiber feed. If someone is technical can you go get the details or if you speak Spanish and English but are not technical I can be there to ask the right questions to guestimate what is going to happen with these contractors. For people who want phone expansion their direction, you should find out the details if this is done with private money.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:36 pm

there is now a Chevron Gas station at the first corner of LaPaz across the street from the sorienas mall.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Thank you Gringo Gazette: Whales stranded in La Paz. Two whales came in too close to shore in La Paz on Sunday, the tide went out, and suddenly they were grounded. In this video, rescuers work for two hours to free this one, who is thrashing about because he has his tummy stuck on the sand. The other one was not in a place where he could be rescued. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf-w2CspEZ4

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    - Page 3 Empty Beautiful Sierra Cacachilas Ranch Adventures

Post by Mesquite Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:13 am

This holiday season, explore the Sierra's stunning nature. Sign up for a ranch visit unique to Baja California Sur. Led by our guides, visitors can learn about the cultural, mining and natural history of the region. Hiking, mountain biking, camping, wine and cheese tasting, organic gardening and farm-to-table activities are examples of ways that guests can choose to experience the working ranches of Rancho Cacachilas. We also have a new pump track in El Sargento that caters to all mountain biking skill levels. Please visit our website to see photos, videos and maps and read about the mosaic of holistic land management projects we are developing. Call our Hub to reserve a visit that is just right for you, 7 days a week, including on Christmas and New Year's.

Happy holidays!

https://www.ranchocacachilas.com/visits/

RANCHO CACACHILAS MOUNTAIN & BIKE HUB
Corredor Isla Cerralvo, Carretera Principal
El Sargento, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Telephone: (+52) 612 114 0472
Mobile: (+52 1) 612 348 7758
Email: contact@ranchocacachilas.com
Hours:  8 am to 4 pm, seven days per week
Please note that ranch visits can be arranged to take place outside Hub office hours.

for today,,,    - Page 3 Cheeses-la-paz-mexico

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:21 am

the bad news good news, global warming is predicted to increase our wind.

Continued Emissions May Cause Global North-to-South Shift in Wind Power By End of Century

http://cires.colorado.edu/news/continued-emissions-may-cause-global-north-south-shift-wind-power-end-century

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41561-017-0029-9

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5169119/Climate-change-cause-wind-power-FLIP-hemispheres.html

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/12/171211120436.htm

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:23 am

her is a disappointing one. I started cooking with it only a few months ago lightly vs olive oil because of the neutral taste. Though an early test seems an ounce of prevention is well worth it.

https://newatlas.com/canola-oil-linked-to-alzheimers/52526/

Canola oil linked to Alzheimer's complications in new study

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 pm

Festival de Artes in San Antonino Dec 10, 10am – 4pm If you missed the Colina de Sol art show, come to the historic town of San Antonino, and enjoy a Festival de Artes in their newly restored City plaza! Lots of traditional entertainment, food and artists. There will be lots to see and do, and plenty of shopping opportunities.

dean

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next