La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satellite and area wifi repeaters

3 posters

Go down

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Empty starlink review

Post by dean Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:00 am

still if you do not have access to fiber lines, a telcel casa modem grandfathered in, or toronet this is as good as it gets.  

Starlink review: Expensive and still short of its promise
https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/starlink

dean

Back to top Go down

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Empty Re: Satellite and area wifi repeaters

Post by dean Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:03 am

http://www.multisat.mx/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:55 am

https://satellitemap.space/

https://sebsebmc.github.io/starlink-coverage/index.html

dean

Back to top Go down

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Empty Internet / Wi-Fi

Post by kpsecrist Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi Dean - I hope I am addressing you personally!

Is there any new news about getting Wi-Fi and internet here in La Ventana? We live in what we lovingly call El Teso Heights - we are in between Club Cerralvo and the OXXO about 1/4 mile up. We just got here for the season, Sunday, 12/22/19. We have a house and we currently have the CMS network through Alberto Sandoval. We have tried to contact Alberto to get our service turned back on, to no avail. I was interested in the TORONET if it is available and affordable. We currently pay 50.00 USD and understand the TORONET is 60.00 USD. Do you have any information on what is good and available lately? I thank you very much for any information. Patsy

kpsecrist

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:15 am

I just did a speed test with toronet ,  yesterday was much faster  

this is my worst performing test ever

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Dec_510

dean

Back to top Go down

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Empty toronet vs csmnetworks?

Post by LisaS Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:04 am

Hi, I've got a satellite wireless installation from CSMNetworks, good customer service, but an ongoing problem with download speeds. Mornings and late nights are fine (close to promised bandwidth), but peak TV hours (6 - 9 pm) I see sometimes as little as 10% of promised performance -- we're talking like 0.6 Mbps.

I've verified there's no one poaching my wireless network, verified the numbers with only my phone connected to internet, and I've asked the csmnetworks guys out to my house repeatedly. They tend to come late evening, when the download speeds are reasonable. So far the only reason they can give me is that my computer is sucking bandwidth.

Note that in July/August I had no issues with bandwidth.

I'll keep trying with them, but I'm seriously considering a switch. Is ToroNet better? It sounds like the same technology...

Any info, ideas, opinions are welcome. Thanks!

LisaS

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:51 pm

toronet.mx

info@toronet.mx

20 mbps download and 10 mbps up $60.00 a month but year is mandatory, installation and equiptment is $350.00 if you contact now they will give you a $50.00 discount.

here are my speeds last week.

only issue I have found is for gaming, it does have periods of a few seconds of down. But for uploading or downloading files or movies is great. I am sure they will work on the short outages. They have been in business in barriles for 7 years.

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Torone10

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Martins equipment was damaged during the hurricane and he says with as few people wanting it as we have it is not worth his investment.    So I contacted the other new one hitting our valley toroNet.   basically the same deal except he is USD$60.00 a month.    same speed and install costs and he has some benefits.    

.  20 Mbps his system is working in Los Brariles 99% of the time.  latency 30-60 ms.  upload guaranteed to 5mbps but should be about 10mbps.    He has several installs in our valley now up and running.  

He has installed several people now.     I have worked out a deal where we get $50.00 off the install price with 5 of us, but we do not have to do the install the same day.    Just we all sign up.    And he will also give a discount if he is paid upfront for the year depending on how many people do that.    He has been in Bareilles for  7 years and the good thing is he has been giving back to the community.    Whereas our present guy has not and until now our present guy gave poor service and also his speed was not good.  But now that he has compitition he is matching what he should have been at before.   So we need competition.    

I had a friend that signed up with him and after 2-3 months of not getting anything from the present/old local guy, he asked and did get his money back.    

The new company ToroNet will also do community service here in our area, what I have asked him for is solar security cameras that can read a license plate at the t-intersection, here right as you enter the town , the dirt road at south beach to Los Planes and one at the first big arroyo and we should be able to begin mitigating our theft issues.  He will do this at cost.    we still would ideally have what they have proposed with that police RV a person in it as cars pass by a speedbump.   Thus as new mini-trackers come out we can put trackers on items we do not want leaving our garages or town.     For instance, it could possibly work with existing trackers on the market.     These are $20-$40.00 devices that you would hide in your motorcycle or computer, quad, car, and so on, they are the size of a quarter and battery life about 1 year.   if they pass by the checkpoint there is a timestamp that you can refer to and go back on the video to that time to see the vehicle leaving town.  and know which way they turned at the t intersection.   If you were home when this happened you would receive a text notification and you could call the security guy and he would notify LaPaz police, or San Antonio, or Los Planes the car plate and description for them to intercept a theft in progress.    We will all have access to the videos online.   We will need to raise the money for such a system.     But it is reasonable in cost.    The tough part is getting it manned all hours and every day.   But that may not be needed.

As technology gets us there, these little 20-30 dollar tracker devices that have a battery life of 1 year can be placed/hidden on high value items and a receiver can be placed near the road where the cameras are to pick up the signal so owners will know exactly what time to view the camera shots for a missing item.    And we will be able to know which direction they went from the t-intersection too.    If a person is out of the county and they have an alarm at their home if executed properly the police will be waiting for the thieves in San Antonio, Los Planes or LaPaz with a plate number and description of the vehicle.       This is my big push.    

contact me if you are in.    He also notes if you own equiptment he will deduct that portion too.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:56 am

Martin has delayed his installation as he is busy now from other work, and in reality, people want it Octoberish so he says he will do the install in October.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:24 pm

update he is not going to do it due to hurricane damage, but see the newer post we have another one with 7 years experience fro Barriles coming to town and has done several installs.

have found a new potential internet provider to start up here in our valley, 4 times the speed of anyone in the valley presently for USD$50.00.         I initially contacted him about putting up cameras around town to hinder thieves.

He set up the cameras and runs them out at the light house area.   He will consider a proposal to us later.     Also he just provided the movie people at the bay of dreams with 750Gbps download so his system is already in place.  

He is right now offering 20Mbps down and  5 up for USD$50.00 a month.    50Mbps down and 10 up for 1USD$100.00 a month.    

We need 5 people to get this up and running, the equipment is USD$200.00 and set up is $150.00.     With a discount for installation of $50.00 with the first 5 at one time and 50% off if we have 10 at one time.  

From what I have seen this is about 4 times faster than anyone else is presently providing.  

Contact me directly so we can get 5 going.    Well we need 4 more I am in on this.

Last edited by dean on Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:22 am; edited 2 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 am

Todossantos Tv

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Img-2011

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Sat10

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:06 pm

https://stargobaja.com/website/stargobaja/posts/45629432493820346?hl=en

dean

Back to top Go down

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Empty from bwo

Post by dean Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:05 pm

High-speed HughesNet Satellite Internet Service Now Available in BCS - High-speed Internet is finally here, and available just about everywhere in the Los Cabos Region. High Speeds up to 10 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up, with unlimited access. Various plans available to suit your budget, and you can change plans at any time. Vacation holds are available:
Plan Max. Download Speed / Upload Speed Cost Per Month
1.5 Mbps 1.5 Mbps 256 Kbps $1,400 pesos appx. $76 USD
3 Mbps 3 Mbps 512 Kbps $2,000 pesos appx. $109 USD
5 Mbps 5 Mbps 1 Mbps $3,000 pesos appx. $162 USD
10 Mbps 10 Mbps 2 Mbps $5,000 pesos appx. $277 USD
Equipment is $1,150 USD, including standard delivery. Standard Installation (including materials) is about $300 usd. Shop Local, Buy Local. Todos Santos TV And Internet, locally owned and operated, and serving the Los Cabos Region since 2007. For more information, contact: ☞ Ernesto Pardo, Todos Santos TV And Internet, todossantostv1@gmail.com, Baja California Sur

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:21 pm

https://www.skyroam.com/smb-enterprise

a hotspot, but we do not have 4g so will just be slow, but better than nothing. the good feature is you can go day by day or month by month.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:14 am

Knowing that telmex installed about 150 more lines for internet and has not increased their bandwidth when everyone comes this year it will be way worse than last year. For instance, I use to have 2 lines that were 10 meg download and they moved me down to 2meg on each so they could do this. I discussed with them, took 3 months of discussions and they moved me to 4 meg each. This is barely video speed without buffering.

Went to telcel yesterday to ask about the new internet they are offering. It is 350 pesos a month 2 year commitment and 10 Mbps download for up to 150,000Mb per month usage then you are at 2Mbps after that usage for unlimited. As a guideline stream a video you need 4-6Mbps so after your monthly allowance it is buffering time. Their equipment is 1379 pesos.

Here is the big problem, you must be getting 4G signal all the times for it to work. Our tower is only 3G. So not an option for our area.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 am

http://www.baja-connect.com/home-package

for todos santos area

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:12 am

Seems Texmex installing lines with no additional bandwidth is what is occurring. Here is my latest update.

Had a friend (engineer) who installs commercial systems wifi in LaPaz involved in communications call his contacts at telmex yesterday and they have no plans to increase our bandwidth here in LaVentana for at least 2 years at least.... It was an interesting phone call with the technical people of Telmex that he deals with all the time, they were telling him there is no fiber feed in LaVentana. I was telling my friend there is and I saw them near los planes gas station cut into that line and I know the difference between fiber and copper.

Interesting that the tech side of telmex is not even aware of it.

So nothing that can be done for a long time via telmex for getting us decent bandwidth. So I talked to my Engineering friend who has a commercial installation firm and he can do the same as the other wireless installer that seems to be having some issues here. Nice to have a bit of competition is my thinking. He is willing to start up here if I allow him to use my location as a relay location with me being technical and assisting him with tech issues that he tells me should not make me have to do much very often. He just needs someone here so they do not have to drive here if simple resets are needed.

He says he needs me to find 25 people who will sign up for a year about $55.00 a month. He can give us a throughput of 200GB/s, so that is about 8 Mbps downloads a minimum. A person would have to be line of sight from me. So nearly all club ceralvo could work, south beach areas would work. If this works out he will add more bandwidth and expand locations in 2019, a year from now. So please email me if you would be a future potential too with your general area.

If there is interest email me do not message me. So basically, you would need line of sight from my place at/near the farmers market for the first group of 25.
dean@mosquitoswithoutborders.com If there is interest I will get the final details worked out with him. I will post the same/similar on the view if here I do not get enough interest.

Last edited by dean on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:40 am

https://www.globalstar.com/en/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:18 am

https://montanasatellitesupply.com/satellite-internet-systems/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:25 am

bpe
bpe wrote:b.  We are currently in Los Cabos installing high Speed Satellite Internet. We have Service from 5-10 mbps unlimited service say good bye to restricted satellite internet sence this is satellite we can install in any remote area from la Paz to Los Cabos. Osiris Arguelles   http://www.satelitedelnorte.com.mx    hamit@satelitedelnorte.com.mx    646136-0495

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Captur12

note it appears t is 150g limit becfore they slow you down a month.

Last edited by dean on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:36 pm

a service in Barriles area, not our valley.

http://www.eastcapeinternetpako.com/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:59 am

bpe wrote:b. Internet, Satellite TV, Security Cameras, We are full time Los Barriles residents, We will answer your phone calls and return your emails. I can tell you when October, November rolls around we could be 2 to 3 weeks out for installs. Thank You for your support. Roy,Beto,Pako www.eastcapeinternetpako.com

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:31 pm

bpe wrote: Hi were offering reliable satellite service we have unlimited plans and also high speed from 3,5,10 mbps and yes there unlimited also the service is very affordable and we have coverage to the hole Baja sur smallest plan is 1800 pesos 1.5 mbps unlimited bandwidth and highest plan is
20 mbps 8300 pesos unlimited
there is a plan to fit your budget contact us we have been servicing Baja since 2014 now we want to help Baja sur hamit@satelitedelnorte.com.mx

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu May 05, 2016 7:54 pm

lpg wrote:3b. Re: Satellite TV technicion
Posted by: sherrykayr sherrykayra
Date: Thu May 5, 2016 3:54 pm ((PDT))

try Gabriel Basurto at Webzone La Paz...612 157-6010 gbasurto@webzone.bcs.com

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:32 am

How a group of neighbors created their own Internet service

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/how-a-group-of-neighbors-created-their-own-internet-service/?utm_source=Daily+Email&utm_campaign=6f875e69aa-15110211_2_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_03a4a88021-6f875e69aa-247982765

While CenturyLink is the main ISP on Orcas Island, a company owned by Orcas Power & Light Co-op (OPALCO) is building out a fiber network in the San Juan County islands. That company says construction will cost “$1,500 to $6,000 on average” for each home, and residents would be responsible for anything beyond the first $1,500.
DBIUA charges much less, but even its low prices “can be significant depending on your income,” Brems said. The DBIUA customers include "lots of retired people and people living off the land. We had to convince people we knew what we were doing,” he said.
Satellite and area wifi repeaters Startouchinstall-640x474
StarTouch installing a microwave link at the water tower.

DBIUA

DBIUA spent about $25,000 in total to build the network, and an anonymous resident provided the money in a 3-year, interest-free loan. Residents paid $150 to become members of the DBIUA and $75 a month for Internet service, which goes toward paying down the loan. The monthly fees also cover the $900 a month DBIUA pays StarTouch for bandwidth.

DBIUA needed 25 customers to pay the bills and stay afloat. At 50 now, the organization is paying the loan off a bit more quickly. Sutton hopes to lower the monthly price residents pay after the loan is paid off.
“We’re not making any money here, we’re just covering our costs,” Sutton said. Besides residents, DBIUA also provides Internet access to the water plant and the Doe Bay Resort. The water plant uses very little bandwidth, and the resort also has a fiber connection to OPALCO, he said. (DBIUA talked to OPALCO about purchasing fiber backhaul, but was unable to get wholesale rates, making it more economical to go with StarTouch, Sutton said.)

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:31 am

ventana view wrote:Satellite internet is available from La Paz.  Equipment plus wiring:  
$800.00 dlls // Monthly fee: $50.00 dlls for 2.7 megs down/512kbps up. Unlimited usage
$100.00 dlls for 5 megs down / 512 kbps up //
$500.00 dlls for 30 megs down/ 30 megs up //
Contact Martin Sandoval at: baja.sammtech   at   gmail.com
Explanation: 1 Kbps (kilobits-per-second) = 1,000 bits per second and 1 Mbps (megabits-per-second) = 1,000,000 bits per second. A lowercase "b" in Kbps means bits, while an uppercase "B" means bytes. There are eight bits in a byte. For comparison, most people here are on the minimum Telmex subscription (1 Mbps) so the minimum offering above is nearly 3 times faster.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:31 am

http://www.satelitedelnorte.com.mx/

Satellite and area wifi repeaters 12799122_763699560428810_3573957349699045488_n

dean

Back to top Go down

Satellite and area wifi repeaters Empty Satellite and area wifi repeaters

Post by dean Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:28 am

Loreto and Mulege Satellite TV, Internet and Cell Phone Booster Services - Offering quality installation and repair services for Dish Network, Shaw Direct Satellite TV, HughesNet and commercial V-Sat Internet systems, wired and wireless home networks, VoIP telephony, home theater and structured cabling.

Also offering Cell Phone Boosters! If you're tired of dropped calls, I can help. Through a special partnership with El Dorado Networks in the US, we offer Cell Booster Technology that works with TelCel, Nortel and Movistar.

I'm based in Loreto, but willing to travel to remote locations. Fully bilingual, with references available upon request. Contact: ☞ Jose Antonio Davila. Mx cell: 613 111 9779. US # 619 534 6401, Email: josedavilav@gmail.com, Loreto

Installation and Repairs For Satellite TV and Internet - I can install, repair and upgrade your Dish TV, Shaw Direct or HughesNet antenna.

Need Service For Your Dish TV, Shaw Direct, or Hughesnet Internet System? If you need service, I can help you. Whether you need a new receiver, parts, a new dish or cables, or just a repointing to get you back online or restore your TV or Internet service, call me at 612 104 2000 or send an Email to todossantostv1nnnngmail.com.

I am local, and I provide service for new installations and repairs for the entire Los Cabos region at VERY reasonable rates. ☞ Ernesto Pardo, Todos Santos Technologies, todossantostv1nnnnngmail.com, 612 104 2000, Todos Santos

dean

Back to top Go down