La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bee

Go down

bee Empty bee

Post by dean Thu May 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Here is the phone number of the bee keepers that will take the bees from your home.

Only Spanish, goo figure. Jose 612-156-8837 their cell phone does not work at their home, so it may take a bit to get them.

Admin
Admin

dean

Back to top Go down

bee Empty environmentally friedly way to get bees to move?

Post by dean Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:27 am

A note about bees, I was invaded by a colony of bees that wanted my outdoor kitchen for a few days.   In a cabinet.   I did not want to kill them and I did not want to live with them.   What I did is gave them some hurricane.     I put a centripetal (squirrel cage) blower fan in front of them blowing into the crack they were using to enter.   I hooked it up to an extension cord so when I powered it up I was far away and could watch.      And when I powered it up from 30 feet away. I could tell very quickly they were not enjoying the hurricane well tropical force winds.    They decided to move somewhere else with a short period of time.

I do this in the evening and plug it via a long extension cord in th morning, best not to do this to them at night as they are not active. beee nice and do it in th morning, i have done this 3 times now and these were ones that were here for a few days. one person had a hive for a long time and it took a few days.

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

bee Empty Re: bee

Post by dean Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:20 am

beekeeper is: 624-168-8546 Mauricio

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:31 am

BPE wrote:b. Beehive Removal Service - If you have a problem beehive around your house or property I can remove it for you. The bees around the world are suffering greatly due to pesticides and pests. Don't kill them or fumigate them, I can remove them and relocate them safely. 624) 160 9622

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Bee Keepers
Pablo Pergolero 612 151 3676 he's in Rancho El Ancon.

dean

Back to top Go down

bee Empty ants

Post by dean Wed May 29, 2024 4:32 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/home-and-garden/man-s-simple-diy-ant-trap-is-a-cheap-way-to-get-rid-of-pests/ar-BB1mVthk?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=0841d320bb754755b0bd173c0769b20b&ei=37

It is almost summer, and you know what that means. Well, besides the blazing heat and near-endless sunburns, of course. That's right, ants. Whether in your garden or in your home, these tiny pests are out in full force to gather as much food, and more importantly water, for their colony.

And what that means, for homeowners at least, is tons of ants in their home seeking out the cool shade and crumbs left lying around. So, how do you get rid of them without spraying all around your house with a ton of chemicals? Craig aka @CraigOfWaffles has just the thing for you: an ant trap.

Craig, like many of us, has a whole bunch of tiny ants crawling in and around his house. He says he spots them particularly well all along the white banisters on the outside of his house heading into the critical structural areas. This is a concern for many reasons, and not just because you don't want the creepy crawlies moving all around your home.
Related video: Seeing ants in your home? Pest control expert explains why (KOCO Oklahoma City)
Today, what do you call an aunt that likes to

Related: Grandmas Shares Old Trick for Getting Rid of Harmful Yard Ants

Why Are Ants In Your Home Bad?
Beyond the immediate annoyance of seeing these bitty bugs scurry across your floors and countertops, ants can contaminate food and spread bacteria, compromising your kitchen's hygiene. Not to mention that some species, like carpenter ants, can actually cause structural damage by burrowing into wood. Moreover, their presence can signal larger infestations nearby, making it essential to address the problem promptly.

So, what do you do about it?

Craig suggests making yourself a couple of DIY ant traps. Get yourself a half teaspoon of Borax, the same measurement of brown sugar, and about two ounces of warm water. Take that and give it a little stir until it has become a slightly thicker slurry, then grab yourself something like a cotton ball or balled up paper towel and let it soak up your mixture. Place that in a loosely rolled tube of tin foil and place your trap out where you are seeing the most ants.

Essentially what happens with this trap is that the ants will be attracted to the sugar-water mixture, but will unknowingly take a bit of the Borax (which will kill them) along for the ride back to the nest. The ants will consume the Borax, killing them at the source and preventing them from coming back to where you don't want them to be. It's not the 'nicest' solution out there, but it will get the job done!

dean

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum